3/10/2012

The Supara Files: Auerbach Journals 5


There is more to Supara than just the comic. In an effort to establish the universe, we are presenting a series of establishing pieces, helping to flesh out the era of The Foundation. My contribution to this effort, will be the Journals of Prof. Robert Auerbach.

These posts may contain spoilers for what will come, so be warned. Also, these posts are written from a regular person, and are HIS perceptions of the universe at large. So the "reality" of his journals may not actually jive with the "reality" of the universe itself. His story continues after the jump...

December 31st, 1949

I haven't slept since it happened. Every day it seems as it a little more joy leaks from the world. What is the point of any of this without Maria? I brought our daughter, Barbara to see her yesterday. Barbie said her first word. She looked at Maria, pointed and said “Owie”. I couldn't bear to keep her there, so I took her back home and let her grandmother watch her.

I dozed briefly while I sat here with her. Pen in one hand , her limp hand in my other. I dreamed that she when I woke from that brief nap, my momentary joy was once again crushed, as I beheld her burnt and broken body. The mass of tubes and wires keeping her alive... My beautiful Maria.

As the joy continued to dissipate and things seemed like they could not get any worse, HE showed up. That pompous asshole, wanted to apologize as if his platitudes could magically bring Maria back. The final straw was when he claimed it was a tactical necessity. The Jackass actually claimed that her injuries were a necessity.

I'm not proud of how I reacted. He deserved what he got and more. However, it looks like Barbie will be seeing a little more of her father today...

---From the Journals of Prof. Robert Auerbach.


No comments:

Post a Comment