4/14/2012

The Supara Files: Auerbach Journals 10

There is more to Supara than just the comic. In an effort to establish the universe, we are presenting a series of establishing pieces, helping to flesh out the era of The Foundation. My contribution to this effort, will be the Journals of Prof. Robert Auerbach.

These posts may contain spoilers for what will come, so be warned. Also, these posts are written from a regular person, and are HIS perceptions of the universe at large. So the "reality" of his journals may not actually jive with the "reality" of the universe itself. His story continues after the jump...


July 4th, 1950

This will be my final entry. It seems that our Independence Day revolution was doomed to fail. We over-estimated our might, and thought that the “Powers” would crumble before us. We were doomed the moment we pulled the guns. The slaughtered us, and even now, I can feel my life fading.

The thing that just makes me want to weep, is that the slaughter would have been so much worse, if The Foundation hadn't come in to stop things. The ones who killed my sweet Maria tried to save me. How's that for a kick in the teeth?

Dying isn't so bad I suppose. I don't believe in an afterlife, but at least I won't have to live without Maria any longer. We may not be together in the afterlife, but at least my suffering will end.

I hope that someday, Barbie might find this, and know that I loved her. I'll never get the chance to tell her that in person, but I want her to know that she was always loved.

I want to apologize to everyone hurt by my actions... I know now, that I was wrong...

---From the Journals of Prof. Robert Auerbach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment