5/12/2013

State of the fist: May 2013

For a proposed quarterly item, I have been doing a poor job of keeping up with this series, haven't I? So... Working on a schedule to keep myself on track with these things, and hopefully I won't fall too far behind again. As of right now, my next one is hopefully going to end up in July, and then follow quarterly after that. In the meantime, let's jump into this edition, as I catch you up to date with where we are. As always, read on after the jump.

So, we have been working on the Slamfist endeavor for a little over a year now, and I believe we have made some real progress in where things are going. The Supara project continues to move forward, even if our original concept artist has parted ways. We are working on new story, establishing character's voices, and generally moving toward the prize. I am actively seeking new concept artists to help get the artistic side moving a little faster. We have one of our in house artists working on pieces for the early years, and I hope to share those 7 pieces when the final ones are in. But, we'll worry about those when the time comes.

Also, at a recent meeting, we discussed standardization of our blog posts. A sort of format to follow, so that we are all on the same page, or if we are not on the same page, it will at least give me a nice guideline to work with when formatting all the posts for the new site. I believe we came up with somewhere in the neighborhood of 14 general topics to write about, and honestly, if we keep up on those topics, the posts should be coming at a pretty regular pace when the new site goes live.

Speaking of the new site. I've shown it to a few people, and the ones that have seen it, are really positive about the changes. Completely redesigned with a new service, we are moving away from a straight blog, and moving into a more fully-functional site. The only thing holding us back at the moment, is we are waiting for the new (and I pray final) logo. The logo has been a sticking point with us from the beginning, and has evolved a great deal since the original sketch. The latest company that we are working with has offered us some really fun designs and I am waiting to hear back from them. Once that is finalized, and the team is happy, I'll plug that into the new site, and we will be ready to go.

To tide you over, how about a quick screen cap of the current build of the new site?

It's a work in progress, to be sure... but, there it is.

All in all, I think things are going great. Hopefully, there will be much more to update everyone on in July. See you then!

-Sorry there is no review for 'The Great Gatsby' like I had promised earlier in the year. Some sudden costs dictated that the movie just would not be feasible. However, based on the Rotten Tomato rating, I didn't miss out on much. There will be something 'Star Trek: Into Darkness" related at the end of the week, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment