2/17/2012

Meet The Team: Carmen

And today, for your reading pleasure, I present to you the last of the initial four "Meet the Team" posts! Today, Carmen will get to answer the same questions as everyone else has.

Mister Hood came into SFM with a common goal; wanting to create SOMETHING with a group of friends. So much so that he was the founding father of what we would call Supara by bring us together, desigining the first outline/origin, and helping with conceptual art. We can only see that there is more to come.

So here's Carmen, after the Jump.

Can you tell us your full name? Carmen Michael Hood the First


Where are you from? Norwood, OH


What do you do for a living? I work at a record store and play in a pop-punk band called Don't Wait Up


List 3 favorite movies:
Good Will Hunting
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
SLC! Punk. Three of my favorites, not my top three, because I really can't narrow it down haha


List 3 favorite TV shows:
How I Met Your Mother
Sons of Anarchy
Dragon Ball Z.


List 3 favorite books:
The Alchemist
King Dork
Fight Club. I think.


What is your role in Slamfist Media (SFM)? I contribute thoughts, ideas, concept art, and help with story boarding at times.


Besides working on SFM related projects, what else do you do with your free time?Play bass guitar in my band, hang out with my girlfriend, go to Steak and Shake, work, and play X-Box.


What would you consider your greatest influence(s) that inspire you creatively? John Romita Jr, Stan Lee, Geoff Johns, blink-182, Alkaline Trio, the Misfits, Steve Ditko, Steve McNiven, Mark Millar, New Found Glory, Kevin Smith, Minor Threat, George Lucas, Steven Speilburg, Gorilla Biscuits, Ryan Rockwell, Akira Toriyama, Hiromu Arakawa, there's a lot of people.


Do you have any personal goals with SFM? To get something published.... as a comic book.


Where would you like to see SFM 5 years from now? Having two or three printed, and 2-5 ongoing titles printed as comics. And maybe a few short films made. With bigger plans getting made via a distinguished company or an indie company. I just wanna get our stuff out there.


What form of media would you like to work in most? (i.e. novelization, comic book, audio theatre, short film, feature film, etc...) Comic books, and anything written.


If you could sum up in one sentence what SFM means to the average person, what would you say?  "Ka-me... Ha-me... Ha!"

Just kidding, it probably only translates to confusion. "What is this thing?"


Where else could we see your work or social networks?
I have some art up on my Facebook, and my band has a Facebook also. And then, if you come by CD/Game Exchange, you can check out the work I do there. It's "Awh"-inspiring. Only kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment