2/01/2012

Meet the Team: Josh

Next up on the introductions, is the other co-founder of Slamfist Media. And, by the way, also the man who came up with the name Slamfist (The Media part was my contribution). I think after that, if there is nothing else going on, I should have Brandon's up next Monday. Eventually, I'm hoping to get it so that we are posting at least once per day, and as we get more writers, more content will be doable. And now, before I drone on too much, On to Josh's intro.


Can you tell us your full name?  Joshua Lee Spaw 




Where are you from?  Norwood, Ohio (within Cincinnati) 




What do you do for a living?  I work in the  Clerical & IT Support Departments at a debt collection agency. 




List 3 favorite movies:
Oldboy
12 Angry Men
The Godfather Part 2 




List 3 favorite TV shows:
Dramas - Firefly/Buffy/Angel (anything by Whedon), Battlestar Galactica, and The Wire
Sitcoms - The League, Louie, Party Down 




List 3 favorite books:
World War Z by Max Brooks
The Foundation by Issac Asimov
The Hobbit by J.R.Tolkien 




What is your role in Slamfist Media (SFM)?
Writer, Producer, Creative Manager... but mostly I just write. 


Besides working on SFM related projects, what else do you do with your free time?
I still write surprisingly. I also play numerous MMO/MMORPGs as well as read comics, go to the theater, watch entirely too much television, and work. 




What would you consider your greatest influence(s) that inspire you creatively?
Joss Whedon's writing and direction has always influenced me a great deal. The same goes for Kevin Smith because they don't play to a broad audience... they write for their fans and unknowingly create a community of "to-the-death" followers. Their style(s) of writing aren't not at all similar but they have a nice wit/banter to it which to me is a far grade better than your typical Hollywood screenwriter. Their attention to little details and the risks they're willing to take are impressive... even across different mediums. Always seem to impress me. 




Do you have any personal goals with SFM?
Mine may be the same as everyone else but it's to get this comic "Supara" made without bankrupting ourselves. Then after that, make a short film, then after that, write a novel. I want to do it all because if given the appropriate amount of time... I can see myself getting these things accomplished. 




Where would you like to see SFM 5 years from now?
Making some sort of money to continuously break even.... at the very friggin' least! 




What form of media would you like to work in most? (i.e. novelization, comic book, audio theatre, short film, feature film, etc...)
For me, it's to write/direct a film regardless the length. Though these things take incredible amounts of time and energy... we can do it. We just need to do it well. 




If you could sum up in one sentence what SFM means to the average person, what would you say?
Slamfist Media is a community of creators willing to create entertainment for the geek masses. 




Where else could we see your work or social networks?
Facebook
and finally my personal blog where I'll soon rant about everything else that's not SFM related: My Personal Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment