1/30/2012

Meet the Team: Frank

So, I decided as part of a series of blogs, I would start to introduce the team to the readers. This will help people understand who we are a little bit better, and who knows, maybe it will help explain why some of us are so out of our minds. Together we came up with a simple set of questions that we think might be of at least passing interest. to people visiting... And since this was all my idea, I figured I'd go first, while I wait for everyone else to get their answers in.

Can you tell us your full name? Well, that is a tricky one. Of the group so far, I think I am the only one that officially uses a pseudonym. To be honest, I kinda hate my real name. But there are some who would call me... "Frank"


Where are you from? I'm from east Philadelphia, born and raised.... Wait, no... That was the Fresh Prince. I'm from Cincinnati. I was raised in Cincinnati, and with the Flying Spaghetti Monster as my witness, I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to die in Cincinnati


What do you do for a living? This is a matter of some personal embarrassment to me. I work as a pharmacy technician. Or, as I like to call it, a legal drug dealer.


List 3 favorite movies: The Nightmare Before Christmas (It's a movie that has it all.), 
Dawn of the Dead 1978 (I fucking love a good social commentary with zombies thrown in),
Fight Club (Edward Norton kicks ass, and the movie is always fun to watch)


List 3 favorite TV shows: House (I love medical stuff, and Hugh Laurie is great)
Walking Dead (You might guess, I really like zombies)
Ummm... I honestly don't watch a lot of TV... So... Face Off?  (SFX Make-up competition)


List 3 favorite books: The Eye of the World (I'm a bit of a fantasy geek. And I found this to be a fantastic entry into the genre)
Plato's Republic (I love philosophy, too. And Plato is one of the greats.)
When Will Jesus Bring the Porkchops? (Because George Carlin was great. And EVERYONE needs laughter in their lives)


What is your role in Slamfist Media (SFM)? I am what passes for an editor around here. I'm also co-founder, and producer. I do some writing, and help design characters. I suppose I am also in part the Head of Social Media.  


Besides working on SFM related projects, what else do you do with your free time? Slamfist has rather consumed my life of late. My movie and game consumption has gone down dramatically. I do enjoy reading, writing, and watching movies. Also, I like to just think. 


What would you consider your greatest influence(s) that inspire you creatively? I'll let you all in on a little secret... I'm not particularly creative. A lot of what I write, comes from a mind that I am fairly sure is half rotten. However, I do tend to draw a lot of inspiration from various philosophical works, many of them by Plato. Sure, they may be mostly just exercises in thought, some of the ideas that are broached in the various Socratic dialogues show up frequently in my writing.


Do you have any personal goals with SFM? I want to make a movie, I want to leave behind my legacy. I want to create something that people will remember me for. Barring that, I want to have a good time, and entertain.


Where would you like to see SFM 5 years from now? 5 years from now? I'd like to be in production on a feature film, or at the very least a short film. I want to fully live up to the "Media" in our name.


What form of media would you like to work in most? (i.e. novelization, comic book, audio theatre, short film, feature film, etc...) Film in general, honestly. While I am fully supportive of the comics, and think they are a noble endeavor, I truly want to work with film.


If you could sum up in one sentence what SFM means to the average person, what would you say? I think, Slamfist is all about entertainment, we are here to enrich lives with the gift of entertainment.


Where else could we see your work or social networks?
My Facebook page (I use a pseudonym, and then post my personal Facebook page... I'm an idiot)

...I could post more links, but... I need sleep. Hope you know more about me then you ever wanted to! Next meet the team should be up on Wednesday. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment