3/17/2012

The Supara Files: Auerbach Journals 6


There is more to Supara than just the comic. In an effort to establish the universe, we are presenting a series of establishing pieces, helping to flesh out the era of The Foundation. My contribution to this effort, will be the Journals of Prof. Robert Auerbach.

These posts may contain spoilers for what will come, so be warned. Also, these posts are written from a regular person, and are HIS perceptions of the universe at large. So the "reality" of his journals may not actually jive with the "reality" of the universe itself. His story continues after the jump...


March 17th, 1950

I haven't written much lately. I'm sorry about that. I haven't had much motivation. I lost my job a few weeks back. The University did not look kindly upon my scorn of the state sponsored “Heroes”. Shortly thereafter HUAC (the House Unamerican committee) came knocking at my door. They accused me of being a communist for refusing to sit by and watch as their superhuman commandos destroyed lives.

And through it all, Maria's status remains almost completely unchanged. It's painful watching her lie there. At least they finally removed the bandages. If nothing else, I can look at the face of the woman I married.

The tyranny of the “Powers” continues unchecked. I fear that soon, the government may no longer be able to keep their dogs in check. When that day comes, I will be there. I will be...

Oh! Maria opened here eyes! I've got to call a nurse...

---From the Journals of Prof. Robert Auerbach.

No comments:

Post a Comment